Caryn Conidaris, one of the shareholders, recently Certified as a Dare to Lead™ Facilitator (CDTLF), who can work with individuals, groups, community and organisations to develop brave leaders and a culture of courage. This can be through:
- • One on one individual coaching on the full, Dare to Lead™ Curriculum;
- • Dare to Lead™ workshops over two and half days, or four (4) x five (5) hours, or five (5) hours x four (4) hours which are customized according to needs;
- • Keynotes on the Dare to Lead™ key concepts;
- • Group coaching or book read-along.
Dr. Brené Brown is taking the world by storm with her research on growing brave leaders and more courageous cultures. Her research shows that a daring leader is someone who cultivates a culture in which brave work, tough conversations, and whole hearts are the expectation. They are also self-aware, hold themselves and others accountable, lead with empathy and connection, take smart risks that lead to innovation, reset quickly after disappointments and setbacks, and give and receive feedback - especially when it's tough.
Based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown and her New York Times #1 bestseller Dare to Lead book, which has now sold over 1 million copies; the empirically based courage-building programme postulates that courage is not an inherent quality, but rather it is a collection of four skill sets that are teachable, measurable, and observable. These skill sets are:
- • Rumbling with Vulnerability: Facing risk, uncertainty, and emotional exposure with courage and clarity.
- • Living into our Values: Identifying, operationalizing, and practicing the beliefs that we hold most important.
- • BRAVING Trust: Creating or deepening connections in relationships and teams based on the seven elements of trust.
- • Learning to Rise: Learning and growing from the failures, setbacks, and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
The goal of Dare to Lead™ is to share everything Dr Brown has learned about taking off the armour and showing up as daring leaders in a skills-based, actionable workshop and a playbook. Through engaging group work, small group sharing, individual reflections, and facilitated discussion (all introduced by video teachings from Brené), you will start a journey of embracing your courage and getting this work in your bones. Not only will it change how you work and lead, you will also become a better person, partner, parent, and friend.
Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Foundation – Brené Brown Endowed Chair at The Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past two decades studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy, and most recently completed a seven-year study on courageous leadership. She is the author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Rising Strong, Braving the Wilderness, and Dare to Lead, which also debuted at #1 on The Wall Street Journal and Publisher’s Weekly lists.
Caryn Conidaris has nearly 34 years of experience as a Coach, Management Consultant, Facilitator & founder of The Human Resource Practice. She has a Masters in Management in the field of Business Executive Coaching.” In June 2019, Caryn was chosen and trained by Brené Brown herself, to be a certified facilitator of the Dare to Lead programme, which is taking the world by storm, to develop courageous leaders. Caryn is a proud South African: loves the bush, family, travel & MBT riding.